Weta Digital Miramar Peninsula Clean-up 2017
Organised by:Sustainable Coastlines
Time:9:30 to 2pm
On Saturday 22 April 2017, Sustainable Coastlines invites you to meet at Scorching Bay for a fun, family day of beach cleanups, beach games followed by a catered lunch.
Weta Digital has come on board again as the principal sponsor of our 2016 ‘Love your Coast Wellington’ clean-up and education tour. At last year’s event the Weta Crew cleaned up almost 5000 items of rubbish from Evans, Worser and Scorching Bays.
We’ll send out teams to beaches around the Miramar Peninsula, and find the corners and coves where the rubbish is blown and washed up.
Spaces are limited so please register via the form below – if the form doesn’t appear in your browser then Please Register Here
What does the day involve?
- 10:00 All participants register at Scorching Bay – look out for our blue Sustainable Coastlines flags
- 10:15 Sustainable Coastlines Staff will give our Love Your Coast presentation followed by a quick health and safety brief
- 10:30 Head out to clean up our beaches!
- 12:00 Return to base for a delicious FREE lunch for registered participants, music and games (weather permitting)
- 13:30 Event officially ends but feel free to stick around and enjoy this beautiful area
What do you need to bring?
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Snacks, as desired (FREE lunch will be provided for registered participants only)
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Your old mobile phone to recycle through the RE:Mobile phone recycling scheme.