Kathmandu Motuihe Island Clean-up
Organised by:Sustainable Coastlines
Time:0900 to 1600
Location:Motuihe Island, Auckland, New Zealand
On Saturday March 25, 2017, Sustainable Coastlines and Kathmandu invite Kathmandu Summit Club members to the beautiful Motuihe Island for a day of outdoor coastal clean-up action! Motuihe, just like many of the islands in the Hauraki Gulf, catches the flow of Auckland's rubbish on the out-going tide. Plastic and micro-plastics can now be found washed up amongst the driftwood and sand.
Summit Club members are invited to join us, free of charge, for a Summit Club Adventure on the Gulf to give some love back to Motuihe Island.
**This event is now fully booked**
What does the day involve?
09:00 - All participants meet at Z-Pier, Westhaven Marina.
09:30 sharp(!) - Boat departs Z-Pier, bound for Motuihe Island. Welcome and introductions by Kathmandu and Sustainable Coastlines
10:30 - Love Your Coast litter awareness presentation and safety briefing
10.50 - Arrive at Motuihe Island
11:00 - Introduction to Motuihe Island, gear hand out and clean-up commences
13:00 - Return to base for a delicious FREE Mexican-inspired lunch
14:30 - Boat departs for our return to Auckland
16:00 - Arrive back at Z-Pier, Westhaven Marina
*Please note that we'll need to be flexible with these times on the day, however the boat will leave at 09:30 on the dot!
What do you need to bring?
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Snacks, as desired (FREE BBQ lunch will be provided by Kathmandu)
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Your old mobile phone to recycle through the RE:Mobile phone recycling scheme.
Please contact Ryley Webster on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.