Drury Creek Clean-up with Auranga
Organised by:Sustainable Coastlines
Time:9am to 1pm
Location:169 Bremner Rd, Karaka 2578, New Zealand
On Saturday March 18, as part of the wider Love Your Coast Manukau Harbour 2017 clean-up tour, Sustainable Coastlines and Auranga invite you to a fun, family-orientated public cleanup of Drury Creek and the beautiful Ngakoroa Stream.
Auranga is a purpose-built community with a heart, where there will be plenty of places and spaces so people can discover and connect with each other. But building a new community on a greenfields site comes with a responsibility to the natural environment. This is why the partnership between us and Auranga is so important. Auranga is serious about contributing to improved waterways and is including a generous number of parks, reserves, walkways, cycleways, and boardwalks as well as planting tens of thousands of native plants in rain gardens, wetlands and along the banks of stream and estuary waterways.
In keeping with Auranga’s vision, this is a family orientated event where we’ll be organising games with the kids and food and refreshments for all volunteers.
So, what’s the plan?
09:00 - Registration opens at 169 Bremner Road – please find street parking and look out for the blue Sustainable Coastlines flags. Pick up your gloves and reusable rubbish sacks at the Sustainable Coastlines registration tent
09:30 Opening ceremony and blessing
09:45 A Love Your Coast presentation by our staff
10:00 Clean-up volunteers head out to clean up!
12:00 Return to the registration tent with your rubbish where we’ll serve a delicious lunch and some fun family games.
12:30 A photo and thank you
13:00 Event concludes
What to bring?
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Packed lunch and snacks.
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Your old mobile phone to recycle through the RE:Mobile phone recycling scheme.
For more information feel free to contact Ryley on firstname.lastname@example.org